- This event has passed.
Scottish National Investment Bank Consultation Event
October 1, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
As part of the Scottish National Investment Bank (The Bank) consultation Scottish Government is seeking to collate a wide range of views to help to inform the legislation being brought forward in early 2019. With specific objectives around a mission orientation and investing ethically and sustainably Scottish Government has asked us to convene our local stakeholders.
We are therefore delighted to be working with Scottish Government, UKIFC and CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang LLP to provide a unique opportunity for you to learn about the bank and, more importantly, engage directly with the officials taking forward The Bank’s proposals.
We would welcome your participation in the event that forms part of Good Money Week.
At the session Scottish Government officials will provide: a background to The Bank, an update on progress and an outline of the operational proposals. This will be followed by a discussion that will be framed around the questions in the consultation. These include the following questions relating to ethical finance:
- Are the proposed objectives and purposes for the Bank the most appropriate to fulfil the Bank’s potential contribution to increasing sustainable economic growth?
- Do you have views on the statement of the Vision which has been set for the Bank?
- Do you have any views and suggestions on the missions?
- Do you agree that the Bank should identify and implement an ethical and sustainable Investment Strategy?
- Are there any arrangements or requirements that would inform the Equalities Impact Assessment and strengthen and enhance the Bank’s ethical approach to investment, and what are these?
- Do you agree with a principles approach for the Bank, including publication of an Ethics Statement by the Board?
THIS EVENT IS BY INVITATION ONLY. PLEASE EMAIL CHRIS@ETHICALFINANCEHUB.ORG TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST.