Internship Placement Scheme
Following a number of requests from students / graduates seeking an internship with the EFH, and given our strong relationships with financial and academic institutions across Scotland, the EFH launched a unique internship placement scheme focused on ethical finance. The scheme provides a unique opportunity for Scottish-based students and graduates to gain practical work experience within financial institutions and associated organisations committed to ethical finance in Scotland.
As well as providing mutual benefits to industry partners and interns the scheme will play a key role in delivering the EFH’s objectives in relation to raising awareness of ethical finance at the same time as building the capacity of future practitioners.
- Ethical finance themed 6 to 12 week summer internship programme*
- Available to Scottish based organisations and students / graduates
- Industry partners commit to the EFH Internship Placement Scheme Charter
- EFH develops the project specification, markets the role, shortlists candidates and provides intern support before, during and after the project
- Industry partners pay an administration fee to the EFH and cover intern salary (at least the living wage) and agreed expenses
- EFH will raise awareness of ethical finance and build an engaged community of academics and students in Scotland.
*Although the focus will be on summer internships (June – September) we are happy to accept roles throughout the year and of varying durations
Internships will be project-focused with an element of general administrative and office support. Some examples (note that this is not an exhaustive list) of types of projects anticipated include:
- Market intelligence research and reporting
- Data collection, analysis and reporting
- Digital marketing support
- Communications and events planning.
|Opportunity to bring fresh insight, academic rigour to a project that otherwise might not be completed
Participation in a structured programme with administration and management handled by EFH
Provide tangible opportunities to highly talented student / graduates
Dedicated resource to deliver short-term projects
Positive brand association with EFH and demonstrable commitment to ethical finance
Raise awareness and increase engagement with millennials
Opportunity to inspire prospective employees / customers
Low cost investment vis-à-vis time to manage recruitment process internally and cost of recruitment agency
|Take ownership of / responsibility for a specific piece of work
Deliver a tangible contribution to an organisation operating in a live business environment
Develop an understanding of a key growth area within financial services
Build and develop technical knowledge and soft skills
Work with leading practitioners and grow professional network
Gain valuable experience of working within a SME or corporate environment
Stage 1 – Profiling
Stage 2 – Advertise
Stage 3 – Evaluate Candidates
Stage 4 – Selection
Stage 5 – Internship
Stage 6 – Review
Industry Partner Commitment
Prior to formal engagement industry partners must sign the EFH Internship Placement Charter which outlines the requirements that must be met during the programme. EFH has a fixed fee model scaled by headcount of the industry partner.
Get in Touch
To find out more about this service please download our literature (on right) and contact Chris Tait on email@example.com or +44(0)7931 103573.